or 4 fortnightly payments of $4.25 with More info
This puberty book includes information about the physical and emotional changes experienced at this time.
3 in stock
This puberty book includes information about the physical and emotional changes experienced at this time. It gives boys a greater understanding and deeper knowledge about puberty and sexuality. Information is presented in a sensitive but open manner. This puberty resource has simple language and fun illustrations which boys enjoy.
* Provides boys with a full understanding of the physical and emotional changes experienced at puberty.
* Dispels myths and fears by presenting accurate information in a colourful, friendly format.
* Celebrates body changes.
* Enhances confidence and self-esteem.
* Acknowledges and affirms the development of sexual feelings.
* Information about protective behaviours.
* Encourages thoughtful open discussion about sensitive issues.
* Provides hints for parents, teachers and carers.
Secret Boys’ Business® is a valuable puberty resource which can be used by boys, families, schools and community groups. It is an informative sexuality education resource for use in school sex education programs.
Secret Boys’ Business® can be used as a disability puberty book for some boys and young men with special needs.
As part of a girls’ sexuality education, Secret Boys’ Business® is a valuable puberty resource to help girls understand the changes boys experience at puberty.
Authors: Rose Stewart, Fay Angelo and Heather Anderson
For ages: 9 to 13 years
Note from Books for Young Minds: This is a great little handbook for boys to have that covers many different topics from pimples to penises, as well as mood, to hair and body rights. There are 2 pages about how babies are made.
Background of the authors: health nurse, sexuality educator, primary teacher, special education teacher, psychologist working in primary, secondary and special schools.
Get our FREE monthly newsletter on parenting topics. No spam. Ever.